Does your Garage Door Need to be Repaired or Replaced?
What we want to talk about is the attention you should be paying to the maintenance of your garage door, and perhaps whether it has come time to replace that door with a more secure solution.
Signs that You Can get Away with a Repair
A couple things to look out for here would be:
- A Sudden Malfunction: Sometimes a sudden malfunction is just a matter of fixing up one broken link in the chain. A specialist like those here with us at Dominator Christchurch should be able to help you diagnose and fix up any problems with the circuitry or components of your garage door.
- Broken Parts or Damaged Panels : A damaged panel is a hassle, but it isn’t a reason to scrap the whole door. Steel sectional doors are remarkably well suited to having individual panels replaced. This way, you can get your door looking good as new for a fraction of the price.
- Worn Hangings: A garage door hangs from the roof and walls of your garage. Over time, it’s only natural that your door starts to sag. Don’t worry though, if this is the case, some light maintenance should do the trick.
Signs it’s Time to Look at Replacing your Garage Door
- Repeated Trouble: If the same problems seem to keep cropping up, then it might be time to replace your garage door. After all, maintenance is a cost saving measure. If you’ve got a maintenance guy out there looking at your door every three months, then you’re not saving yourself much, are you?
- Compromised Safety Features: A garage door is an essential aspect of the overall security of your home. If your existing garage door is giving you pause, then it is absolutely time to consider a new install. Dominator doors are built tough enough to withstand break-in attempts and perform reliably.
- Damage to Multiple Panels: If you’ve been unfortunate enough to suffer damage across more than just one or two panels of your garage door, it might be cheaper and easier to go for a full replacement. Anything that has been stressed by an accident like that is going to be hard to trust, and a safe and secure result might be better achieved with a new door entirely.
Get in touch with Dominator Christchurch today!
To find out more, don’t hesitate to get in touch at 03 669 7270 or fill out our contact form