How to Use Our Smart Phone Control Kit
What You Will Need Before Installation
- A secure Wi-Fi connection with your modem router – you will also need your username and password for the Wi-Fi
- A compatible smart device – the Dominator app is compatible with smartphones that use either IOS 8.4 and above or Android 4.4 and above
- A powerpoint – the kit comes with a smart hub that needs to be connected to a power source in your home
- Mobile data enabled – if you are using your smartphone outside of Wi-Fi, you will need to use mobile data
Getting Started with the Dominator App
- Click here to download the Dominator App for iPhone.
- Click here to download the Dominator App for Android.
Once you’ve downloaded the app for your smartphone, simply click on the “Start” button and we’ll guide you through the rest.
Using the Dominator App
- Select ‘Set Up a New Hub’ and connect your phone to the Smart Hub
- Go to your phone settings, select the Smart Hub Wi-Fi (the name starts with B&D)
- Go back to the app and select the Smart Hub Wi-Fi then click ‘Connect’
- Name your Smart Hub (e.g. Home Garage)
- Set your time zone
- Create an admin user
- There are minimum requirements for how many characters you use
- Confirm this by pressing the flashing red button on your Smart Hub
- Provide your email address and answer some security questions in case you forget your password in the future
- Connect to your home Wi-Fi by selecting it in the app
- Type in the password for your home Wi-Fi
Adding a Device to Your App
Once you have scanned the QR code, click on ‘Register Device’ and then you can navigate back to the home screen. Congratulate yourself because the process is done! You can now control your devices from your smartphone. The best thing about the Dominator App is how user friendly it is, so you shouldn’t have any problems with operating it.
Call Dominator If You Need Assistance
Don’t stress if something has gone wrong during set up. Simply get in touch with the Dominator Christchurch team and we’ll help you start again. Call us on 03 352 8005 and we’ll help you out straight away.
If you’re interested in buying a new garage door that’s compatible with smartphone technology, book a free measure and quote with our team today.